- Tiramisu – Perfectly luscious, creamy and heady with coffee – its not a surprise that its one of my favorites. Its quite authentic too, especially if you make the savioardi biscuits from scratch.
- Apple Pie – A stroke of genius by Dorie Greenspan. Its become my go-to indulgent dessert and I never thought a pie would make it to the list. Ever!
- Spaghetti & Meatballs – I’ve made this more times than I care to count. I love that its an original recipe and it makes for a very fulfilling dinner.
- Pho Ga – Some exotic on Doux Project! I love south-east asian cuisine and now that I have Gordon Ramsay’s book, I’ll definitely be making so many more. Here’s to exotic!
- Roasted Almond Chocolate Truffles – They’re what I imagine nirvana would taste like. They are a breeze to make too.
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – I’ve been searching high and low for the perfect, monstrously thick, crisp-but-the-right-amount-of-chewy cookies. I found religion in Nigella Lawson’s book.
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Decorating sugar cookies with royal icing
- Bread (any kind is the good kind!)
- Perfect upon cake decorating
“Too much of a good thing can be wonderful” Mae West
This year has been all kinds of wonderful and I can already tell that the next year is going to bring all kinds of wonderful too. There’s so much in the pipeline next year that its almost too hard to sit still now. But good things come to those who wait. Before the year comes to close, I want to leave you with some of my favorite recipes this year:
This marks a whole year that I managed to stay committed to blogging and I’m just so incredibly grateful for everything it’s brought me; so many new friends, countless advice and priceless network of people that I can turn to, no matter where in the world. Of course, there’s lots more to come and plenty more things to tick off the list. I definitely plan to conquer these Everests next year:
I hope everyone has a very happy, fulfilling new year! See you in the new year 🙂